As a manager or team leader, it’s important to find ways to efficiently onboard new team members and provide ongoing training and development for your existing team. One innovative solution is the use of animation as a teaching and onboarding tool.
Animation allows you to clearly and visually demonstrate processes, concepts, and procedures in a way that is engaging and easy to understand. It can be a powerful tool for training and onboarding, as it allows you to break down complex ideas into bite-sized chunks and present them in a way that is easily digestible.
Using animation as a teaching and onboarding tool can also save time and improve efficiency. Instead of having to schedule in-person training sessions or spend time explaining concepts and procedures, you can simply direct team members to an animated video or tutorial that clearly demonstrates the information. This can be especially useful for remote teams or for training on tasks that may not be done on a regular basis.
Additionally, animation allows for flexibility in the training and onboarding process. You can easily update and add to your animated resources as needed, ensuring that your team always has access to the most current information and procedures.
To get started with using animation as a teaching and onboarding tool, consider the following steps:
- Identify the key concepts and procedures that you want to cover in your training and onboarding process.
- Create a script or outline for your animation that clearly and concisely covers these concepts and procedures.
- Choose a software or platform to create your animation, such as Adobe Animate or Powtoon.
- Create your animation, keeping in mind the audience and the goals of your training and onboarding process.
- Test and revise your animation as needed to ensure that it is clear and effective.
- Share your animation with your team, either as a standalone resource or as part of a larger training and onboarding program.
By using animation as a teaching and onboarding tool, you can save time and improve the efficiency of your team development process. It’s a powerful and engaging way to communicate complex ideas and procedures, and it can be a valuable addition to your training and onboarding arsenal.
More and more companies automate their learning & development process using animated videos and e-learning tools. Here are some examples how companies cut costs and made great employer branding using this animated videos
Digitization in Bayer explained using animation videos
E-learning promotion for CIC
Animated presentation for the supply chain in pharmacy
Government project – Gate of Masovia